Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I haven't said a lot about relationships thus far, although I threatened to in my first post. Okay, I haven't said anything. And this blog is really not about relationships, except insofar as they relate to my everyday life.

I was in a bad marriage for 12 1/2 years, have been separated/divorced for another 5 1/2, and have done my share of dating. Somehow it's very different when you are middle-aged and have kids to consider. For me, my children always come first. I haven't introduced them to most of the guys I have dated, because I don't want them to get attached and then have to let go.

It's a whole different ball game to be dating when you're middle-aged and have family responsibilities, as opposed to when you are young and (relatively) carefree. I was in a bad marriage for 12 1/2 years, and have been separated/divorced for another 5 1/2. Still, it's tough to navigate when there are others involved. You have to know who you are and what you want.

I think you just have to figure out what your deal-breakers are. For me, it's abuse, wanting more kids (I love my daughters, but am not having any more children), and rooting for the Dallas Cowboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment