Thursday, June 10, 2010

Today I was in a classroom for ED (emotionally disturbed) kids. I wasn't sure what to expect, because the injury rate among ED teachers is fairly high. However, nobody got hurt, so I judge it to be a good day. (Lack of injury is my barometer for a good day with ED kids!)

Actually, because it is so close to the end of the school year, we did not do a lot of instruction. They did a little bit of spelling and math, and the rest of the day was just down time, which is probably what they need.

We started off the day with five kids, and one went home sick almost first thing. Then another got picked up early, so we were down to three kids and three teachers. A couple of them had issues at various points, but all in all they were pretty good, speaking as one who is not normally in that room. We had, at the end of the day, three adults to three kids, which is a good ratio.

Tomorrow is kindergarten, at another school. It should be a good day - I've been in this class before. I like teaching the little guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment